Deep hole drilling in European or even exotic hard woods means very high demands on the tool. However, as soon as you start drilling into end grain, most brad point drill bits fail after only a few centimetres. End grain is characterised by a high content of phenols, which have an impregnating effect on the cell walls. This means that the cells hold less water and are therefore more dense and robust than the surrounding wood.
No problem at all for the fully ground brad point drill bits HSS-G of series 1599!
The head geometry with two spurs ensures proper bore entry and exit.
The shape of the spiral is particularly important for deep hole drilling: The spiral of the HSS-G brad point drill bits of series 1599 is fully ground and due to its geometry even moist wood chips are transported out of the drill hole without any effort.
- high-precision drillings thanks to the fully ground finish
- perfectly suitable for all hard woods due to the use of high quality HSS steel
- especially proper drilling pattern due to two grinded spurs
- perfect chip removal especially during deep hole drilling due to the fully ground deep hole spiral
- very fast drilling as these twist drills require high speeds and feeds
- available in overall lengths of 150/250/315 and 460 mm